- Sergey Fokin (SPbU; St.Petersburg State University of Economics)
- Danila Raskov (SPbU)
2:15-3:45pm Plenary session "Economics in Literature." Moderator: Sergey Fokin (SPbU; St.Petersburg State University of Economics)
- Sergey Zenkin (Russian State University for the Humanities; Higher School of Economics, Moscow) "Words and Money"
- Natalia Azarova (Institute of linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow), Kirill Korchagin (V.V.Vinogradov Russian Language Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow) "What Does Poetry Think About Money?"
- Francesco Spandri (Roma Tre University, Italy) "Balzac: Poetics, Numbers, Money" (Balzac: L'argent, les Nombres, les Chiffres)
3:45-4:15pm Coffee break
4:15-6:15pm Parallel sessions 1 A 1. Economic Transactions in a Bourgeois Novel and a Modern Worldview. Money, Goods and Gifts
. Moderators: Aleksandra Urakova (Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow), Sandor Hites (Research Centre for the Humanities of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary)
B 1. Narratives and Images in Economics
- Tatyana Venediktova (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Point of Exchange of Activities: A Metaphor Function in a Realistic Text (Reading 'Midlarch')"
- Levente Szabo (Babes-Bolyi University, Romania) "Shopping, Literature and the Making of Emotional Capitalism from Zola to the Fin-de-Siècle Hungarian Urban Novels"
- Sandor Hites (Research Centre for the Humanities of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary) "Money's Speak and Dance: Financial Rituals and Speech Acts in the late 19th century novel"
- Mario Holzner, Juliane Werner (Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, Austria) "National Economics and Young Germany: On the Common Topics and Language of the Friedrich List and Heinrich Heine"
. Moderator: Maksim Storchevoy (SPbU; Higher School of Economics)
C 1. Literature as Economics
- Vyacheslav Volchik, Elena Maslyukova (Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don) "Narrative Economics and Institutional Traps"
- Maksim Storchevoy (SPbU; Higher School of Economics) "Various Languages of Business and Economic Ethics"
- Vitaly Kovalev (SPbU) "About Professional Terminology in the Global Economy"
- Mikhail Shishkin (SPbU) "The Impact of Fiction Literature on Economics: The Example of the Picture of Hyperinflation in German Novels in 20th Century"
- Andrey Zaostrovtsev (Higher School of Economics), Yaroslava Shiryaeva (Friedrich von Hayek Institute of Economics and Law) "Ayn Rand and John Gault's Manifesto: The Economic Concept"
- Aleksei Zadvorny (Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok) "The Old Believers' Mental Models as an Economic Narrative"
. Moderator: Olga Panova (Lomonosov Moscow State University; Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow)
D 1. Economic Ideas in Sacred Texts
- Andrei Belykh (Russian Investments, Moscow) "Сould Pushkin Repay His Debts?"
- Cornelia Ichin (University of Belgrade, Serbia) "Economic Beginnings of Malevich and Kruchenykh"
- Elena Ostrovskaya, Elena Zemskova (Higher School of Economics) "World Economy and World Revolution: International Literature Journal in the International Literary Market"
- Sergey Panov (Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow), Olga Panova (Lomonosov Moscow State University; Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow) "Publication of Foreign Authors in the USSR (1920th-1930s): Economics and Politics"
- Andrey Rossomakhin (EUSP) "'Conversation with the Financial Officer About Poetry': The Economic Manifesto of Mayakovsky"
. Moderator: Konstantin Golubev (Belarusian State Economic University, Belarus)
- Konstantin Golubev (Belarusian State Economic University, Belarus) "Pseudo-Religious Aspect of Advertising's Texts and Meaning"
- Andrey Danilov (Belarusian State University, Belarus) "Transformation of the Language Images of Myth Under the Influence of the Social and Economic Factors (On the Example of the Island of Flores in Indonesia)"
- Evgeny Kirko (Minsk Theological Academy, Belarus) "The Significance of Language in Socio-Economic Works of Father Pavel Florensky and His Interpretation of Consubstantiality"
- Sergey Lukin (Belarusian State University, Belarus) "Biblical Texts as Primary Source of Economic Knowledge"
- Sergey Shatrausky (Belarusian State University, Belarus) "The Attitude to the Richness in Buddhism (According to the Pāli Canon)"
6:15-7:15pm Presentation of the book by Jean Francois Lyotard "Libidinal Economy" June 5
9:30-11:30am Plenary Session "Economics as Rhetoric." Moderator: Danila Raskov (SPbU)
- Nikolay Ivanov (SPbU) "Only Existing in Words: Property as a Figure of Linguistic Silence"
- John Taylor (SPbU) "Adam Smith: Ethics, Prediction, and Early Political Economy"
- Lorenzo Chiesa (Genoa School of Humanities, Italy) "The Language Economy: Cognitive Capitalism, Jokes, and Dyslexia"
- Danila Raskov (SPbU) "The Rhetoric of Radical Institutionalism"
11:30-12:00am Coffee break
12:00-2:00pm Parallel sessions 2 A 2. Economic Transactions in a Bourgeois Novel and a Modern Worldview. Money, Goods and Gifts
. Moderator: Sergey Zenkin (Russian State University for the Humanities; Higher School of Economics, Moscow)
B 2. Literature as Economics
- Irina Golovacheva (SPbU) "Beauty as a Commodity: A Sacrifice and a Gift in the 'Poynton Treasures' by Henry James"
- Alexandra Urakova (Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow) "A Gift or a Transaction? 'Exalted Economy' by Henry James in 'Wings of the Dove'"
- Olga Polovinkina (Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow) "Reliable Guidance in an Unreliable Narrative: Inheritance, Purchase, Appropriation in the Novel by F.M.Ford: 'A Good Soldier'"
. Moderator Elena Ostrovskaia (Higher School of Economics, Moscow)
C 2. Literature as Economics
- Kirill Zubkov (SPbU) "Academy of Sciences and Literary Prizes: Distribution of Real and Symbolic Capital in Russian Literature of Late 19th Century"
- Artem Zubov (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Popular Genre as a Literary Project: 'Scientific Novel' in the Late Imperial Russia, 1900-1917"
- Anna Bodrova (SPbU) "'The Circulation of Capital has no Limits': Economic Dimension of Alma Karlin's Travels and Travelogues"
- Mauricette Fournier (University of Clermont Auvergne, France) "Literary Tourism and Valorization of Territories" (Tourisme Littéraire et Valorisation des Territoires)
- Bosser Sylvie (Paris 8 University, France) "What Editorial Value for Self-Published Authors Within the Field of Genre Literature?" (Quels Registres de Valeur Éditoriale pour les Auteurs Issus de l'Autoédition dans le Domaine des Littératures de Genre?)
. Moderator: Ilya Sidorchuk (SPbU)
D 2. Metaphors and Discourse in Economics
- Ilya Sidorchuk (SPbU) "The Economy of Deviant Leisure of Soviet Embezzlers in 1920s: Literary Image and Everyday Reality"
- Victoria Popova (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "César Vallejo in the Soviet Union: A Foreign Writer and the Soviet Economy of Literature"
- Ekaterina Silyuk (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Upton Sinclair and the Literary Market: The Experience of 'Economic Research' and 'Writing Entrepreneurship'"
- Polina de Mauni (University of Paris III: Sorbonne Nouvelle, France) "Financial Questions in the Correspondence Between the Writer and His Editor: Ivan Tourgueniev and Pierre-Jules Hetzel"
- Valery Timofeev (SPbU) "James P.Dunleavy and Vladimir Nabokov vs Maurice Girodias, the Infamous Publisher, Who Brought Them World Fame"
. Moderator: Aleksei Smirnov (room 154)
- Aleksey Smirnov (SPbU) "Michel Foucault: Figures of Discourse in Economic Theory"
- Yoseph Zislin (Private Psychological Practice, Israel) "'Manic-Depressive Economics.' Psychiatric Metaphors in Economic Discourse"
- Natalia Shapkina (EUSP) "The Language of Economics in Psychoanalysis"
- Tatiana Shishkina (SPbU) "Rhetoric of Economic Anthropology: Gift Exchange as Narrative and Metaphor"
- Vladimir Ignatyev (Novosibirsk State Technical University) "Terms and Metaphors in the Design Language of the Economic Theory of 'Informational Society' by M.Castells"
- Filipp Sysoev (SPbU) "Economics and Linguistics: History, Theory, Practice"
- Kirill Kuznetsov (Higher School of Economics, Perm) "Signal and Response: The Beginning of Stakhanov Movement In Perm"
3:00-4:00pm Plenary Session. Moderator: Elena Galtsova (room 223)
- Sergey Fokin (SPbU; St.Petersburg State University of Economics) "The Price of Truth: Reciprocity, Gift Exchange, and Freedom in the Ethics of René Descartes"
- Alexandre Péraud (Bordeaux Montaigne University, France) "Fiction of the Entrepreneur as a Time Experience" (La Fiction de l'entrepreneur Comme Expérience du Temps)
4:00-5:30pm Parallel sessions 3 A 3. Literature as Economics
. Moderator: Natalia Azarova (Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow)
B 3. Economy in Literature
- Evgeniya Vorobyeva (Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow) "Poetry and Money: A Field of Amateur Poetry as a Market of Symbolic Products"
- Marijana Hameršak (Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Research, Croatia) "Book Subscription: From Literature to Economy and Back Again"
- Valeria Gulyaeva (Institute for Regional Economy Problems of the Russian Academy of Science) "Book Market in Russia: Problems and Perspectives of Development"
. Moderator: Dmitry Tokarev (Institute of Russian Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Higher School of Economics)
C 3. Economy in Literature
- Maxime Jebar (Lumière University Lyon 2, France) "Poetry, Economics and Politics in 'The Age of Louis XIV': La Fontaine and the Poetic Trade" (Poésie, Economie et Politique au 'Siècle de Louis XIV': La Fontaine et le Métier Poétique)
- Justine Le Floc'h (Paris-Sorbonne University, Paris) "The Rich Man's Punishment in the Catholic Pulpit Oratory During the 17th Century : A Reversal of the Capital" (La Dénonciation du Mauvais Riche Dans la Prédication Catholique au XVI Siècle: Un Renovation du Capital)
- Charlotte Krauss (University of Freiburg, Germany) "The True Values: Utopian Economic Justice in National Drama of the Post-Napoelon Epoch" (Les Vraies Valeurs: L'utopie d'une Justice Economique Dans le Drama National Post-Napoléonien)
- Anna Lushenkova Foscolo (Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, France) "The Motif of the Fair in the Russian Literature: Genesis, Configuration and Transgressions"
. Moderator: Andrey Belykh (Russian Investments, Moscow)
D 3. Rhetoric in the Fields of Media and Advertising
- Aleksander Dubyanskiy (SPbU) "Interpretation of Literary Works in the Context of Historic Economic Reality"
- Oleg Donskikh (Novosibirsk State University of Economics and Management) "Image of Economic Life in Russian Poetry of the 18th-19th Centuries"
- Yury Tulupenko (Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia) "'In Many Different Rhymes': English Landscape Aesthetics and Economics in the 'Didactic' Writings of the 1790s"
- Vladimir Vaingort (Cardis Consulting, Estonia) "'Homo Economicus' Was Introduced in Russian Literature by Gogol"
. Moderator: Tatiana Lukicheva (SPbU)
E 3. Language Situation vs Economic Situation
- Tatiana Lukicheva, Natalia Semenovich (SPbU) "Literary and Artistic Images in Advertising: Cross-Cultural Analysis"
- Tatiana Repina (SPbU) "Verbal Manipulation: Linguistic and Rhetoric Devices and Strategies Used in Advertising and Business Promotion"
- Ksenia Eltsova (Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow) "The Economics of 'Quality' Meaning: New Media and the Audience of 'The Chosen'"
- Vasily Fedorov (Chelyabinsk State University) "Economics and Elections: Practices of Speaking About the Economy in the Electoral Media Discourse"
. Moderator: Yulia Timraliyeva (St.Petersburg State University of Economics)
- Kristina Butaeva (New Economic School, Moscow) "Why Does Language Policy Matter?"
- Julia Timralieva (St.Petersburg State University of Economics) "Reflection of Economic and Political Life of the Nation in the Rating 'Word of the Year': Russian-German Parallels"
- Liubov Kulik (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Economization of Education: Language Testimony"
- Julia Fateeva, Irina Shestakova (Volgograd State Medical University) "Economic Situation as the Cause of Antinomy of Language and Speech"
5:40-7:40pm Parallel sessions 4 A 4. Economy in Literature
. Moderator: Olga Volchek (SPbU)
B 4. Economy in Literature
- Pignol Claire (Pantheon-Sorbonne University, France) "What does the Novel Narrative Bring to Understanding the Economy?" (Qu'apportent les Récits Romanesques à la Compréhension de l'économie?)
- Bras Pierre (University of California at Paris, France) "Economic and Legal Poetics in Literature" (Poétiques Economique et Juridique dans la Littérature)
- Elena Galtsova (Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Russian State University for the Humanities; Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow) "The Process of Constructing the Poetics of Sacrifice in the Literature of French Existentialism: 'Nausea' (1937) Jean-Paul Sartre and 'Hatred of Poetry' (1947), 'Impossible' (1962) Georges Bataille"
- Dmitry Tokarev (Institute of Russian Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Higher School of Economics) "Capital as Entsagung: A Problem of Labour and Money in the Collective Consciousness of Russian Interwar Emigration in the Light of Alexandre Kojève's Interpretation of the Hegelian Master–Slave Dialectics"
- Ekaterina Cherepanova (Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg) "Postimperial Situation in H.Broch's Works: Economic Grounds for Stylistic Transformations"
. Moderator: Dmitry Panchenko (SPbU)
C 4. The Problem of Translation of Economic Texts
- Dmitry Panchenko (SPbU) "Ivan Turgenev and Alexis de Tocqueville on Economic Consequences of Serfdom"
- Yulia Krasnoselskaya (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Leo Tolstoy and the Economists of 'Russian Herald' and 'Ateneum'"
- Tatiana Smoliarova (University of Toronto, Canada) "Nikolai Karamzin and Adam Smith: Poetics of Sympathy"
- Ingrida Kisieliute (Vilnius University, Lithuania) "The Raw Youth by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Searching for the Idea to 'Become a Rothschild'"
- Marina Pantina (Paris-Sorbonne University, France) "Joseph de Masitre and Money (Letters and Journal)"
. Moderator: Grigory Tulchinsky (SPbU, Higher School of Economics)
D 4. Economy in Literature
- Valeria Skromblevich (International University "MITSO", Belarus) "Problems and Features of Translation of Economic Neologisms"
- Grigory Tulchinsky (SPbU; Higher School of Economics) "Сost and Value Interpretation of 'der Wert' and the Blockchain Factor"
- Denis Mironov (SPbU) "Text Translation as a Social Phenomenon in the Context of the Evolution of Social Sciences"
. Moderator: Maria Bulavina (SPbU)
- Irina Klimovitskaya (Faberge Memorial Foundation, Moscow) "'Primordial Femininity' as Commodity and Russian Literature of the 19th Century"
- Maria Gribova (SPbU) "About Unfolding of Hedgehog: To Economy of Fragment"
- Maria Bulavina (Ivanovo State University) "Gogol's Model of Christian Economy and Smith's Concept of Economic Man: Nature, Parallels, Assessment"
- Tatyana Melnikova (Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Sevastopol) "Metamorphoses of Capitalism in Children's Adventure Novels"
- Anna Malar (Kemerovo State University, Novokuznetsk) "The Economics of 'Green Record': Non-Equivalent Thing"
10:00-18:00 Roundtable discussion "Inescapable of Other: An Ethical Philosophy of E.Levinas and Psychotherapy Task". Moderator: Nina Savchenkova (SPbU)
10:00-11:30am Plenary session. Moderator: Denis Kadochnikov (SPbU)
- Shlomo Weber (New Economic School, Moscow) "Linguistic, Ethnic and Cultural Diversity: From Measurement to Use"
- Denis Kadochnikov (SPbU) "Language Policy Through an Economist's Eyes"
- Denis Davydov (New Economic School, Moscow) "The Role of Diversity in Development: Research Results"
11:30-12:00am Coffee break
12:00-2:00pm Parallel sessions 5 A 5. Economics of Russian Realism
. Moderator: Sergey Kibalnik (SPbU; Institute of Russian Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
B 5. Languages and Markets
- Kirill Ospovat (Humboldt University, Germany) "Economics and Representation in Dostoevsky's 'Poor People'"
- Sergey Kibalnik (SPbU; Institute of Russian Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences) "The Money 'Liaisons Dangereuses' in Dostoevsky's Novel 'Gambler'"
- Anne Lounsbery (New York University, USA) "Scale, Calculation, and Taste in Goncharov's 'A Common Story'"
- Ilya Kliger (New York University, USA) "Russian Realism as a Critique of Political Economy: Homo Economicus and the Imaginaries of the State"
. Moderator: Elena Lenkevich (Belarusian State University, Belarus)
C 5. Literature as Economy
- Elena Lenkevich (Belarusian State University, Belarus) "Language Choice Strategies on the Consumer Goods Packaging in Belarus"
- Irina Makarova, Larisa Vikulova (Moscow City University) "Marketing Communication Between a Publisher and a Reader: Online Book Store"
- Aleksei Yaskevich (Belarusian Research Center for Electronic Records, Belarus) "Monetization of National Symbol Capital in Belarus"
. Moderator: Maria Vorobyeva (Ural State University of Economics, Yekaterinburg)
- Tatiana Yakushkina (Russian State Hydrometeorological University) "Money and a Writer of the 19th Century: From an Aristocrat, Receiving a Salary, to the Hero of Mass Culture"
- Nika Kochekovskaya (Higher School of Economics) "Literature as Economics: Walter Benjamin and Georges Bataille"
- Mariya Vorobyeva (Ural State University of Economics, Yekaterinburg) "The Profitability of Literature: Strategies of Writers-"Harpooners" and Their Customers (Inspired by Soviet Satire and Literary Criticism of the Late 1920th–Early 1930s)"
- Danijela Lugarić (Zagreb University, Croatia) "The Economic Aspects of Literature: K.Stajner, V.Shalamov, D.Kis and Gulag"
- Valeriya Petrenko (Tomsk State University) "Economic Theory as a Fashionable Academic Trend: Literature and a New Resource of Socio-Philosophical Productivity"
3:00-4:30pm Parallel sessions 6 A 6. Economics and Discursive Practices of the 1840s-1860s
. Moderator: Kirill Ospovat (Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany)
B 6. Economy in Literature
- Alexey Vdovin (Higher School of Economics) "Rural Socrates: The Economy of Peasant Labour and the Boundaries of Literary Representation in Turgenev's a Sportsman's Sketches"
- Konstantine Klioutchkine (Pomona College, USA) "The Status of Women as Workers of the Press in the Post-Reform Era"
- Mikhail Makeev (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Why Does a Poet Need a Farm? The Acquisition of Stepanovka Estate in Perception of Afanasii Fet's 'Literary Friends'"
- Nikolai Kornatsky (Izvestia, Moscow) "Literary Bohemia of the 1860s: From Spies to Reporters"
. Moderator: Aleksander Pogrebnyak (SPbU)
C 6. Language Policy, Its Economic Motives and Implications
- Sergey Panov (National University of Science and Technology MISiS, Moscow) "The Ekonomimesis of Literature: The Ideal of Asceticism, Added Value, and the Fate of Appropriation"
- Pavel Lysakov (SPbU) "Mikhail Zoshchenko's Hero and Money"
- Ivan Rozmainsky (SPbU; Higher School of Economics) "Planned Economy in the Prose of Sergey Dovlatov"
- Alexander Skorobogatov (Higher School of Economics) "Organizational Economics in Works of Alexander Solzhenitsyn"
. Moderator: Denis Kadochnikov (SPbU)
D 6. Economics of Language, Language of Economics
- Aleksander Dubyansky (SPbU) "Language Policy in the Context of the Theory of Path Dependence"
- Anzhela Edlichko (Lomonosov Moscow State University) "Marketing Strategies in a State Language Policy"
- Nina Oding, Andrey Yushkov, Lev Savulkin (Leontief Centre) "Opportunities, Limitations and Practices of Using National Languages in Russian Regions"
- Mikhail Marusenko (SPbU) "The New Paradigm of Language Policy"
. Moderator: Maria Chernysheva (SPbU)
E 6. Economy in Literature
- Olga Semenets (Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia) "Rethinking Elements of Lexico-Semantic Field 'Economics' in the Russian Linguistic Consciousness of the Second Half of the 20th Century"
- Maria Chernysheva (SPbU) "From Verbal to Visual Economy. The Rise of Illustrated History Books in the 19th Century"
- Alla Grosheva (Chelyabinsk State University) "The Conceptology of Economic Reality in Modern Journalism (Based on Materials of the Literary and Artistic Magazine 'Our Contemporary')"
- Anna Melgunova (SPbU) "Lexical Means of the Economic Realia Description in the German Prose of the First Half of the 20th Century"
. Moderator: Anna Davletshina (Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg)
- Kirill Serebryakov (SPbU) "Socialist Utopia in Russian Literature: Criticism and Revision of the Established Economic and Ethical Images of the Russian Village in the Second Half of the 19th Century"
- Anna Davletshina (Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg) "The Reflection of Economic Relations in the Jewish Literature of the Interwar Period (The Example of Austria)"
- Elena Kuranda (independent researcher) "Igor Severianin's Book of Poems 'Minstrel' and the Price of a Sack of Potatoes in 1920"
- Yana Komogortseva (independent researcher) "Issues of Invisible and Economy of Desire (By the Works of L.Irigaray and A.Platonov)"
4:30-5:00pm Coffee break
5:00-6:00pm Presentation of the book by J.Agamben, "Kingdom and Glory"
Plenary lecture: Aleksander Pogrebnyak (SPbU) "Licentia Poetica. Marx and Agamben on the Mystery of Economics"
6:00-6:30pm Concluding session